28 January 2008

The Army Green Batik Shirt

The second project that I have completed in 2008!



I don't have a lot clothes that fit right now and I made a whole bunch of shirts during the summer, but now that it is full blown winter, and we have been getting so much snow this year, I don't have a lot of winter shirts. Anyway I was wanting more shirts with long sleeves.

So I originally intended to make this a long sleeve shirt instead of a 1/2 sleeve. But I made a shirt like this for Christmas and the sleeves pattern I used ended up being a weird length that went above my wrist, which made the shirt look like high water sleeves, so I wanted something longer. Well I really cut it short on the amount of fabric I had. I had to piece the one sleeve, and then I cut the one sleeve 3 inches longer, but forgot to add the additional length. I was really frustrated but I salvaged the project by cutting a lot of length off and making the sleeves half sleeves. Hooray for cutting more off and fixing it!

1 comment:

Ami said...

So, I was admiring your slideshow of your projects, and did you make those little food items? That is the greatest thing ever. I totally want sewing lessons from you.