06 June 2008

More Baby Projects

My 41st, 42nd, 43rd and 44th complete sewing projects for 2008!

Cover for foam for changing table


The baby gift package, sheet for the bassinet mattress, covers for the changing pad and waterproof mat for both pads


My sister-in-law is due to have her second baby in the next couple of weeks. She asked if I could help her make her some covers for some baby stuff. She had these 4 pieces of foam that she used for the changing table. The first thing that I decided that needed to be done was to make a cover for the foam so it wouldn't move around. So I took one of Ben's white shirts that he no longer used and cut it up to make a cover for the foam. I had an extra white zipper so I put a zipper in it in case they ever want to take the foam out. The finished project is pictured above, it was the 41st project.

the four pieces of foam for the changing table

I bought some blue terry cloth for the cover for the changing mat. I decided that the terry cloth would be nice, because if there is any accident during a diaper change, the terry cloth is very absorbent. I made and extra one, so that it can be changed easily.

the blue terry cloth covers for the changing pad (the 42nd and 43rd projects)


The last thing that I made for my sister-in-law was a sheet for her bassinet mattress. We didn't have time to go to the fabric store together. I didn't know exactly what they would like, so I decided to use the scraps I had from a sheet I made for Autumn for her birthday, and I thought it would work great for a baby boy. So they have a Bert and Ernie sheet for their little boy. I also made patterns for the changing pad cover and the sheet so Lisa can make some more sheets if she needs.

By the way sheets are really easy to make, and a lot of fun because they sew up quickly and it is really fun to have a sheet made out of the exact fabric that you want.

the Ernie and Bert Sheet (the 44th project) and my foot

No comments: