08 September 2012

The Y jacket

This is a repurpose project, but of course I didn't take a before picture, because I was too excited to start the project.  The original looked almost exactly like the above picture, except instead of BYU, it just had the Y logo.

Ben won it at a conference he went to, but it was the wrong size for Ben, and it just wasn't the kind of thing I was going to wear.  He tried to exchange it to get store credit, but it was from like 3 years ago.  So I decided I could make something for our big cougar fan (Zephyr).

So I decided to make him a jacket and was so happy with some creative cutting I was able to get a hooded jacket size 4-5 out of it.

My mom taught me how to do jacket lining and learned first the wrong way to do the arms so that the lining is all sewn in, so redid it so it actually worked.  I was so happy with this project and Zephyr loves it.  He wore the jacket EVERYWHERE for a number of days.

 I found some great BYU flannel to line the jacket


My mom had gotten this Letter Y for Zephyr back in December so it was a nice detail for the front of the jacket.  Also I added the white piping by the zipper. 


 This was the front of the pullover, but I made it the back for zephyr's jacket.  I did not applique this Y and the nike swoosh, that was on the original.


Zephyr in his jacket.

No comments: