24 September 2012

Zephyr's Pants and Shorts

So Zephyr doesn't get a lot of hand me downs from his sisters, so he is usually lacking in clothes.  So fall/winter is coming upon us and I was realizing that all of his pants were high waters, so I needed to do something about that.  So I started gathering fabric I had leftover from other projects, or pants of mine that ripped that I could cut up pants for him.  So when we were watching a movie as a family I brought a stack of fabric up and cut up all these pants and shorts.  The goal was to get a bunch of pants, but I realized that he is getting tall enough that my scraps are too short to make pants, so I cut up a bunch of shorts too, and thought I might as well get them all sewed up, instead of them sitting in my sewing cabinet and never getting to them.  So here is a bunch of clothes for Zephyr.

I made him this pair of knit pants and matching t-shirt.  Then after I finished them I was consulting a list I made at the beginning of the summer to help me finish up unfinished projects.  I forgot that I had boughten this fabric to make me another pair of workout capris.  Oh well, he will get a lot of use out of them. 


So these pants and shorts sew up really quickly with my new serger.  Not pictured is one pair of black shorts, they got left down in the sewing room, oh well, you can imagine them.

No comments: