02 December 2008

Baby Doll Body

My 91st completed sewing project for 2008!



the completed doll that Prairie got for Christmas



I am very very picky about baby dolls. I don't want my girls to just play with any baby doll, I want it to be a doll that I think is very cute, and so I am very selective about what I let into your home on the baby doll basis. Prairie got a baby doll for her 1st birthday, but it is a very small doll, and more difficult to make clothes more. Recently she has gotten really into dressing her doll, but we don't really have clothes to fit her doll, and there are a lot of clothes to fit Auutmn's doll.

I thought it would be nice if Prairie had a doll the same size as Autumn's doll. But like I said I am very picky. Well sometime during the summer, like in June I found a doll head that I really liked at the local thrift store, but I hated the limbs on it. Well I searched and searched on the internet and could never find a good place to buy doll replacement limbs. So finally I was at the thrift store again and found a doll that had perfect limbs for my baby doll. So I hijacked the two dolls and switched the heads, and actually made an entire new body for the doll for Prairie.

My mom a year ago replaced the body for Autumn's doll because her doll is about 24 years old, and it was wearing out, so I had the original body as a pattern, so that the dolls would be the same size.

If I were to redo it I would know better how to make sure the doll actualyl had shoulders, but it turned out pretty well.


The orignal body and limbs of the head used for Prairie's baby, and then I put that second head with that body (so this is the baby that is getting donated back to the thrift store, because I really do not like the limbs or the head)

The body parts from Autumn's doll being used as a pattern to make a new body for Prairie's baby doll.


Prairie's baby doll head and limbs assembled from two different baby dolls waiting for their new body.

No comments: