23 May 2009

Baby Boy Blessing Outfit

My 57th completed sewing project for 2009!


I made Zephyr's blessing outfit using the same pattern I designed for his sunday outfit, but did it all white instead.  The fabric I used for the shirt part of the romper is made out of an old white dress shirt, and the pants and vest are made out of scraps from my wedding dress.  I thought that was nice since the girls' blessing dress was made out of scraps from my wedding dress.  I really wanted my kid's blessing outfits to be out of scraps from wedding dress because my blessing dress was made out of scraps from my mom's wedding dress.

If I were to make this outfit again I would lengthen the pants.  They ended up shorter than the black suit outfit.  I didn't remember that I had added so much length to his black outfit.  The length was honestly a little too short, but it works okay for an infant because he isn't standing in it.  I do need to go get his portraits soon it, because length wise through the torso also, he is almost outgrown it.







4 comments:

Christie said...

Love your blog! Was googling to find ideas for my boy's blessing outfit and stumbled across your Sunday outfit post. Immediately thought you must be LDS :)
Next clicked on the main page, saw this outfit, and knew you were. LOL
My girls have both had scraps from my wedding dress fabric as part of their blessing dresses, so I'm planning to do the same for our little boy due next month. Or rather, my mom will. I sew, but it's tradition for her to make the blessing outfits. Anyway, I really admire all the projects you've completed. I mostly make costumes (taught theatre arts for 5years before becoming a mom).

CharityMay said...

i happened on your blog the same way as the girl above- did you use a pattern for your sunday outfit, and if so could you direct me to it? i love to sew but have been unable to find a vest and tie pattern for my two little guys!
thanks!
stierlefamily@yahoo.com

Ker said...

Hi, I found you through google.. I'm just learning to sew and am not good by any means, but I am attempting to make my little Owen a tie for his aunts wedding in November. He will be 2 months old and I cannot find any where that sells them that small. So I'm going to attempt it. Can you tell me what length you made you made your little guys? It looks perfect! I admire all your work.. You are wonderful!

Emily W said...

I made the patterns up myself, except the bowtie. My friends had boughten a bowtie from an expensive boutique and let me take a pattern from theirs. The necktie I designed myself. Ker if you want to email me directly at mightymarshmallow@gmail.com i could give you some more details about the tie. Now i have two different ties, the neck tie http://emilywsews.blogspot.com/2009/05/baby-boy-neck-tie.html and I also have the bow tie http://emilywsews.blogspot.com/2009/05/white-bow-tie-for-blessing-outfit.html