16 May 2009

Baby Boy Neck tie

My 54th completed sewing project for 2009!


This is another conversion from one of the ties that my Dad gave me.  I decided that Zephyr needed some diversity, bow ties and neckties.  Also making neck ties is a little cheaper  because I don't need the adjuster clasps for neck ties, also I was having a hard time getting adjuster clasps, it seems that Joann's doesn't always carry them in stock.

Also a side note I was really proud of myself because I learned how to tie a neck tie, so I tied this myself, I love finding tutorials on the internet.




These are a couple of works in progress pictures.  First I took apart the men's neck tie.  Then I trimmed down the interfacing to the size I wanted the baby's neck tie to be finished.  You can see the interfacing lying on top of the tie on my ironing board.







No comments: