18 May 2009

The want to be Moby Wrap

My 56th completed sewing project for 2009!


I have been "wearing" Zephyr a lot, and I like my Baby Bjorn, and I like my pocket sling, but sometime when I where the pocket sling for a long time, my back starts to get sore, so I thought the moby wrap would be nice.  I bought some fabric last week and I sewed it up today.  I don't know if I got the best fabric, and I think making it longer might have been a good idea, so I will have to give a better report later, but as of now it is done and I am typing this while Zephyr sits in it.

This wasn't a very difficult project.  If you can tell from the first picture it is basically one long piece of fabric.  Because I wanted to make it as cheap as possible, I bought 2.625 yards of fabric, and then cut two stips that were 22" wide and  2.625 yards long.  I did a double duty french seam to connect them, so I end up with 5.25 yards of fabric.  Then I hemmed all the edges.  That's the reason this actually feels like a sewing project is because of all the hemming!







1 comment:

Our Chloe Elizabeth said...

This is an awesome project, and exactly what I'm looking to sew this winter! Do you have pictures of how you wrap it then to make it the sling?