01 October 2012

Sewing Update

So I am almost done updating everything I have finished sewing in the last 2 weeks.  I still have 3 more projects that I need to get pictures of.

My mom visited earlier in September, and bought me a serger.  It was the motivation I needed to get a bunch of projects done.  I feel really motivated to get everything I need sewn up with a certain color.  I really wanted to put white thread back in, but didn't want to do that until I finished all the black thread projects, hence getting all those shorts, pants and shirts done for Zephyr.

I am getting close to running out of small projects to finish.  I have made some good progress on my cabinet and getting some projects cleaned out, which is good, because I should really start on my Christmas sewing.

Here is a few pictures of my new serger and my sewing room so you can visualize where all these stuff is being sewn.  This is my little piece of heaven on earth.  If I seem stressed Ben will suggest I go hang out in my sewing room and sew for a bit, it almost always lifts my mood.


 The view from the door, new serger on the right.


View from the door, the wall opposite of the machines 


 My sewing machine and green walls.  Thread nice and handy, and magnet strip to hang up patterns so I can easily read them while I am working on a project.


My view when I sew during the day.  I LOVE sewing in front of a big window! 


 My cutting area.


 My aunt gave me this shelf, so I repainted it, and put on a small 2 ft fluorescent light.  Now I have good lighting for cutting!  Oh that makes such a big difference.



 This is my ironing area.  I got that iron holder at IKEA and that has made a big difference.  I don't get so stressed when ALL 3 kids come in when I am sewing, because I am not worried about a hot iron getting knocked over.  Thanks to Ben for hanging up the shelf and iron holder for me a few weeks ago.


 In case you were worried with all the projects I have been completing that I didn't have any projects already started, have no fear my cabinet is still pretty full of started projects.



This is where I store fabric that I haven't cut out, and don't necessarily have a project in mind, but I think it will be useful.  (let's be honest I have fabric stashed away in a few other closets in my house too) 


When my mom was here we hung up this fluorescent light.  It is right above my machines, so I have such good lighting to sew by.  I LOVE it!  For such a small room I have 3 fluorescent lights in there.


 Zephyr is a constant helper in my sewing room.  He always "cleans:" and "fixes" my machines with little tools I keep in there.  He is also an expert thread cutter.




No comments: