19 January 2013

Bird Pillows

I took the pillows on my futon, took them apart, used the cording, and the stuffing to make these new pillows to go with my decorating scheme in the family room.  I also made the pillows a little smaller, and I like the size better and they are a little fuller being smaller.

I am excited for my birthday because I "think" my mom is getting me a new black futon cover which will go with the curtains and pillows.  I am VERY excited!

I put the zipper in the seam between the two sides and the cording.  The first pillow I had no problem, the second one I put the zipper in then completely took it out and did it again.  I don't know if I did it the best way, but oh well it is done!

I have also been working on a quilt for the family room, and I am soooo EXCITED about it.  Actually I am making 2 quilts!  But I have only done serious work on the one.  I am going to pin base very soon!


Before and After picture of the pillows.  You can see the size difference.


Both pillows finished


The zipper in the seam


The blocks in progress for the 2nd (smaller) quilt


The finished quilt top of the 1st (larger) quilt


A close up of the quilt top

No comments: