20 January 2013

Football Outfit

I stopped at the fabric store the other day to look for some backing fabric for a quilt that I am making.  Zephyr wasn't too happy.  In his words, "I don't want to go to that stupid fabric store!".  Once we got in he had a good time.  At the top of the remants bin was 5/8 of a yard of football fleece.  He said he really wanted it.  I realized it was probably enough to make him a sweatshirts, so I said okay.  So we spent $1.22 on this fabric.  I didn't get anything.

Anyway today we are watching the Ravens play the Conference Championship with Grandpa and Great-Grandpa so I thought it would be a great day to sew up this football outfit.  It was the perfect amount of fabric for the sweatshirt.  There were only two scraps of any worth, so I cut out a soft football that is better for playing in the house, and he has been playing catch with Grandpa all morning.

The pants are made out of sweatshirt fabric that I took from my mom's attic, so a very cheap new outfit.



Zephyr in his new sweatshirt and pants (holding the football)



a close-up of the football

No comments: