27 March 2008

Front Room Quilt




Yay! I finished the front room quilt today. One of my new years goals is to clean out and get my home very organized. This is a long term, meaning the entire year goal. Part of that was to clean out my fabric stash and keep only fabric around that I have a specific purpose in mind. I also want to make all of my unwanted scraps into quilts to donate to Humanitarian Aid.

Anyway I made a quilt for my front room a little over 5 years ago. It turns out I bought enough fabric that I could make an entire second quilt from the scraps. So in January cut up all the fabric and sewed up all the blocks pretty quickly, like in a week. So I had the entire quilt top done in about two weeks. This was the first time that I have quilted a quilt that is larger than a wall hanging. It is difficult to move around that much bulk on a normal sewing machine. I got frustrated, took long breaks from it. Also I had this really nice fuzzy fabric leftover from a blanket I made for Jennie for Christmas. Well it is really nice, but whenever you cut it leaves little fuzzies everywhere. I think that is why it has taken me over a month and a half to get the binding done, because I hate the mess that the fuzzies make, but I am finally done.

Ben and Autumn were both very excited that they could use it. I know Jennie will be excited. She thinks I keep my apartment way to cool, and she will love staying warm with the nice fuzzy quilt.

The pattern used for this quilt was taken from this book, Easy Pieces. Since I finished the quilt I no longer need the picture in my sidebar as a book that I am working out of.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

This blog is inspiring. Keep up the good work!

Young People in Love said...

Oh my gosh- are you serious!? this is amazing work!!! wow. i'm in complete awe of ALL your projects.

Jennie said...

YAY