25 March 2008

Polyester skirt

My 17th completed sewing project for 2008!




This is a skirt I made for Autumn for this summer. When my Grandma died 7.5 years ago, I found this really cool skirt in her basement (I don't have any digital pictures of me wearing it). It became like my favorite item of clothing, I would even maybe call it my signature piece of clothing my senior year of high school. This skirt is really special to me, it is the skirt I wore to the temple the day I got married. Anyways, my mom knew I loved this polyester skirt, so she bought some more fun patterned polyester for me on ebay. I made a skirt of one piece shortly after I was married and saved enough to make a skirt for a baby girl. I still have another piece of the polyester that I haven't made anything out of yet, so I made a skirt for Autumn out of the fabric.


Autumn loving her new skirt


April 2004 Emily and Autumn wearing matching polyester skirts



July 2006 Emily and Prairie wearing the matching polyester skirts

1 comment:

Max and Deanna said...

Emily that is a pretty cool blog. I'm impressed with all of your projects. Totally amazying!!