14 April 2008

No new finished Projects

So any of you out there that thought I suddenly became a very conscientious house keeper, you are sadly wrong. I have still been avoiding folding laundry and mopping my floor by sewing, but I have been working on projects that take longer than a t-shirt for Autumn. I have been working on my queen size feedsack quilt. I finished piecing all the blocks, but I haven't pieced them together to make the quilt top yet. I also have been drafting out the exact plans for my sheep quilt for Christmas, and I have been working a wall hanging that is a present, so I won't post any pictures of that work in progress because it is a surprise.


One of the finished blocks

the stack of 22 finished blocks for the quilt, no more set in seams, YAY!


I still have about 10 articles of clothing that I want to finish for Autumn for summer, so I should really finish those. Also Autumn has been getting a little ansy, and I decided that I should put her in preschool for the next month and a half until the pools open up and we are doing that almost every day. She is nervous about starting so I told her she could pick our fabric for a brand new outfit for her first day (next monday the 21st of april). It was a lot of fun going to Joann's and having Autumn pick out fabric. She wanted fleece, but I talked her out of that because it is getting so warm. After the trip she said that that trip was good to her, that usually going to Joann's is boring, but this trip was good to her, and it is fun to pick out fabric. Maybe she will be a sewer :)

Autumn wants a shirt out of the princess stuff (well she is a 4 year old girl) and she picked out the strawberry fabric for pants. That was a surprise since she loves wearing skirts constantly.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I love the feedsack blocks.

Jennie said...

You are a hoot Emily.