28 April 2008

Other odds and ends

I have the quilt laid out in the front room to pin base it

So I did work on other projects while my mom was here. I have another shirt cut out that just needs to be sewn up. I also worked on my smaller feedsack quilt. I completed the corner pieces and the borders, got it completely pieced together and pin based the whole quilt, so now I just need to quilt it and bind it.


I am making view A, but with sleeves, a neckline that is not as deep, thicker shoulder straps and a dress that is slightly longer. Even though I am making a lot of changes, it is still tons easer to work from a pattern


The thing that I spent the most time on was altering a dress. I got this pattern back in October or November, I can't remember and got this really neat black fabric to make the dress out of. Well I need to alter the pattern quite a bit, I need to make the shoulder straps a lot wider, and make it so the neckline isn't so deep and add sleeves. That is A LOT of work, so I haven't really touched it since I bought it. Well when my mom is here is a great time to work on a project like this because she will give me clues on how to get things to fit me better because she has so much experience with clothes making.


Anyway I spent a lot of time altering the dress pattern pieces, sewing up mock ups, trying sleeves out in the holes, designing my own sleeves. I think I have a bodice that fits really well and is more modest. I also got this lovely orange fabric to make the dress out of instead of black, because what I really want is a bright color to wear, not black. I got the dress all cut out, which took close to 2 hours, with all the lining and everything. So I am excited to sew that up and have a dress that fits really well, and is designed to fit my body, yay!

No comments: