22 February 2009

Canned Food Wallhanging

My 22nd completed sewing project for 2009!



We found out late in the year that we had Ben's sister for Christmas. I had had this idea of doing a wallhanging for her sometime, but hadn't actually started it or anything. When we found out we had them for Christmas I really wanted to do this wallhanging for her. My sister-in-law does soooooo much canning. She is amazing all that she has stored at her house and she grows almost all of it in her garden. I thought this would be a neat wallhanging to celebrate all that work that she does for her family.

It is kind of an intense project, so I wasn't able to completely finish this before Christmas. I did complete the top, so she would have a pretty good idea how it would look. Ben requested a few weeks ago if I could finish this for her birthday (February 23rd). I wasn't sure because I have been trying to get a lot of projects done for our baby boy. Well I had some time today so I worked on it and was able to finish, phew just in time.

I am really pleased with it. I love the fabrics (my mom was nice enough to get these for me). I looked at some patterns for bottles online, but then ultimately made up my own pattern, and I am pleased with how it turned out. I have enough of the fruit and vegetable fabrics that I could make something similar for myself sometime. Anyway I am excited to have this done, it has been hanging over my head since Christmas, and I really like having projects done, especially with a new little baby coming, who knows when I will get to stuff.







No comments: