24 February 2009

Looney Tunes Bassinet Sheets

My 23rd and 24th completed sewing projects for 2009!

Please ignore my bad photoshop skills, this is the same mattress just with different sheets on in each picture


I bought our bassinet at a garage sale when Prairie was a few months old. At that point she was sleeping through the night, so she was sleeping in her crib in a shared bedroom with Autumn, so we really didn't use the bassinet that much, except for naps sometimes. Well it came with a sheet, but it has some stains, and I thought since we would be using it a lot, it would be nice to have some sheets that were new, or atleast that didn't have someone else's stains.
I was originally going to do a looney tunes applique quilt as the baby quilt for this baby, but then decided not to. But when I thought I was going to do that, my mom had found a leftover panel of looney tunes characters at one of her quilt group things. Anyway I thought some of the pieces pieced together would make nice sheets for the bassinet, so I pieced them together, and violia! I have bassinet sheets. I think Ben will be happy because he has been wanting me to do something with Looney tunes for all of our kids, so I have new sheets, Ben has looney tunes, and I used supplies from my house, a great project.


There is our bassinet all ready for out little boy. As of Wednesday February 25th I am 37 weeks and our baby is considered full term now, so I am really feeling the rush to be ready. (as a side note both of my girls were late, Autumn 10 days and Prairie 7, so I don't realistically think our little boy is coming anytime soon, but I want to feel ready)

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Those are great sheets. Great use of the fabric!!!!!