18 November 2012

Brynn's Quilt

So one of my best friends got married in October 2005 (7 years ago!).  The week before her wedding I started a quilt for her.  This was before I realized and understood how long quilts took.  So this is the quilt that I started for her:



I hadn't gotten a lot work done on this quilt (because it is a LOT of work)  then I went to her apartment and saw how she had decorated her front room, in brown and light blue with orange accents.  My sister got this (the fabric pictured below) fabric and started on a quilt for herself  and then I thought this would be a fun fabric to make Brynn a stack 'n whack quilt.



So I actually pretty quickly sewed up the top for Brynn's quilt (this of course was in March 2008!).  Then I had enough scraps left from Brynn's quilt that I thought I might as well make my sister a lap quilt also.

So here is top of Brynn's quilt ready to be pieced up (missing some borders).


Then I got caught up making my sister's quilt:


And 2 pillows for her!


I gave it to her for Christmas of 2008.  I actually had started quilting Brynn's quilt, but I had problem with my bobbin tension, and felt a little frustrated, so I put it aside.  When my mom came for Christmas she unpicked all the quilting that was messed up and then I didn't touch that quilt until September of this year, 4 years it sat in a box!  Now it is done!  I can't believe I just let it sit there forever.

My friend Brynn and her husband just bought their first home, and their first baby is due this week.  They still have their family room decorated in light blues and browns with orange accents.  Hopefully they like this quilt, but even if they don't at least it is off of my to do list!  So here are some pictures of the quilt!






No comments: