06 November 2012

Family Room Stuff

Since I have a tiny sewing room, but I am not the only one that likes to sew around here, I started keeping a sewing machine up in the family room (which is right next to my sewing room).  I have been working on curtains for this room since February!  I actually had the curtains basically done, but was having a hard time getting the grommets to finish them.  My mom found a place for them and sent them last week, yay!  So now I have my curtains up and a nice sewing machine cover to match.  Up next (not sewing) is to rip down all the wallpaper (even the stuff that has been painted over) and then paint the room a color to match the curtains, maybe in a year I can report that I actually finished that huge project.



The curtains training (getting the creases in the right place for when they are open)


One side of the sewing machine cover

 The other side of the sewing machine cover

The curtains open during the day.



 The Curtains closed at night


close up of the grommets and rod

This really makes me excited to paint down here.  I hung up the curtains before we painted, because we had these horrid blinds in there that were impossible to open, and I am a light person.  I want all of our windows uncovered during the day, so it drove me crazy trying to get the blinds open.  So I hung these up before we painted, because I wanted to get the light NOW!  So someday the walls will match.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

I LOVE the curtain!!!!!