03 September 2008

Sewing Update

So I have actually been sewing. I have been working on two different feed sack quilts as seen here. That is the smaller of the two and I have had it pin-based since the end of April. Well I finally got around to quilting. I thought it would take me forever, but I got all the quilting done in about a week, and didn't feel like I ignored my family, which I considered an accomplishment. I finished the binding while I was watching the Olympics, but I haven't made a label yet, so once I put a label on it, it will be officially done and I will post pictures of the quilting and everything. I was pretty pleased, this is only the second quilt of a decent size that I have quilted, so my quilting skills are improving.


Here is the quilt sitting on my futon waiting for it label (sometime I want to recover my futon and decorate my sewing/guest room around the feed sack theme)


Also I have been working on my dresses some more that I worked a lot on in May. I had just about 10 minutes of work left on the dragonfly dress until it was completely finished, but I had been telling myself that it was fitting fine, but finally I decided to do a really good job, so I unpicked the entire top band of the dress, and well work on that some more so that it fits perfect. The orange dress, I have unpicked the skirt from the bodice and now need to change the shape of the skirt.


Here is the skirt unpicked from the bodice, waiting for me to get back to working on it


I have also been working on a project that I haven't talked about at all because I didn't want to upset certain people. This is a quilt that I am making as a wedding present for my friend. I am really excited because it is completely pieced and waiting to got NY and be quilted by the George (my mom's new fancy quilting machine).

The front and the back all pieced with the binding all ready to go, waiting patiently in the bag to be quilted (when I see that quilt all ready to go like that it totally reminds me of my White Grandma)


Here is a snapshot of the finished pieced quilt top

I also have been working on the queen size feed sack quilt. I have had all the blocks done since April, but I haven't touched it since then. I started working on piecing all the blocks together into the quilt. So I am hoping that before I leave for NY next wednesday I have pieced the entire top of the queen feed sack quilt (borders and everything) and have the back pieced so that as soon as I get there we can pin base it and then I can start quilting. I am planning on finishing that quilt completely while I am at my mom's house.

I also have some plans to finish some clothes items for Autumn, maybe some more winter pants. Start working on some Christmas projects for the girls, or atleast raid my mom's house for fabric. Also planning on making a super cute apron for a Relief Society (women's church group) service auction.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Finally a picture! Well I am still waiting for a picture of the whole quilt, but I like what I can see!

Mary Anne said...

That really does look like what Grandma would do. I am sure she is smiling right now seeing you put your project in a bag and ready to go.