06 May 2008

Mickey Mouse Wallhanging

My 29th complete project for 2008!



I finished this up for Prairie's birthday tomorrow, but this has been in the works for a while. I wanted to make her a wall hanging for her bedroom for before she was born, but never figured out exactly what I wanted to be in the wallhanging. When I did Autumn's nursery stuff, I did the sesame street characters and I had known even before she was conceived what was going to be in the wallhangings. For Prairie's bedroom, I just had a more difficult time deciding. I got the idea to do the Mickey Mouse Club logo over a year ago, and actually started this about a year ago. This has been just waiting to be quilted for over 6 months, so Prairie's birthday was the impetus I needed to complete it.














For historical purposes this is what Autumn's bedroom looked like when she came home from the hospital in November 2003. As you can see she has a Zoe and Grover wallhanging, and they are still in her bedroom.

No comments: