19 May 2008

Skirts!

My 36th and 37th complete sewing projects for 2008!




Autumn loves skirts, as in she wanted a lot more skirts for the summer than shorts. I let her decide everything, because she basically won't wear clothes that I pick out, and I don't fight her about it, so she pretty much wears exactly what she wants everyday. The brown skirt is scraps from a skirt that I made last summer for myself, and the khaki skirt is leftover from a pair of pants I made for myself during the winter.

Also all the skirt I have made her have built in shorts/bloomers, so that she can do whatever in the backyard or whatever and her underwear won't show. It makes making skirts take a lot longer but I think it is totally worth it.

2 comments:

mandy said...

I'd love to see a picture of the bloomers/shorts to get an idea of how you did it.

Mary Anne said...

They are really cute! What a sweat shop you have been that last little while!