23 January 2009

Carseat - work in progress

No new finished projects.  I was on such a roll before we went on vacation.  Ben said I should bring my sewing machine so I could keep up with my average of finishing 1 project a day.

I had fun sewing up those spiderman pajamas, but decided that before I sew up any more baby clothes I need to finish some of the essentials, like the carseat.  My carseat that I used for Prairie and Autumn had expired, and so I bought a new one for this pregnancy.  I like having unique infant carseats, since you take it everywhere and then it is easier not to get confused with other peoples carseats, especially at church.  So I am making a new cover for the carseat.  If you want to see what the carseat covers have looked like that I did for my two girls click here.

So I ripped apart the carseat cover in early december and haven't touched it since then.  Ben picked out the fabric for the cover the day we found out we were having a boy.  Ben wants to be very involved in choices since it is his son.  So I got a lot of it cut out yesterday and finished ripping apart the sun shade on the carseat.  Hopefully I can start getting it sewn together.  I would hate to have the baby come early and not have the carseat ready, I would feel very foolish.



the naked carseat


the original carseat cover all pulled apart


the new one cut out with some of the pattern pieces still attached (I made my own pattern from the original one that I ripped apart)


the sun shade cut out and th original one (the tan pieces are the original one, and I made notes on it to remember where the different pieces attach to eachother).  Also there is all the little pieces of fabric that I still have to cut out that are piled up on one of the orignal sun shade pieces

Also I am going to line my sun shade and the original one wasn't, which will make it even nicer, lining makes things soooo nice!

No comments: