28 January 2009

More carseat work in progress

So I worked really hard on the carseat over the weekend, and haven't touched it since then.  I finshed the sun shade, and it looks really nice, I really love having the linging fabric in it.  I used the leftover fabric from the sheet that I cut up to make the wedding dress bag to do the lining and the back side of the cushion for the actualy carseat part.

I also got a lot done on the cushion part.  I got all the batting pieces cut out, the back pieces, I zig-zagged them together and then sewed the pieces together.  I also put the over large buttonholes in for where the straps come through, and I put the letter Z on the carseat.  Yes our son's name is goig to start with a Z.

So the next part, I am not looking forward to, and that is probably why the carseat isn't done yet.  I need to put the binding on and put the elastic on the edges and also sew on these hook things that keep the cushion attached to the plastic part of the carseat.






the carseat partially done (waiting for the binding and elastic)



my messy sewing room after working on the carseat somewhat obsessively

No comments: