02 January 2009

Crazy Maternity Swimsuit

My 1st complete project for 2009!





So we are going to Puerto Rico with my Dad, and sister and her husband on the 9th of January so I am in high gear to get everything ready for Puerto Rico. I don't have any maternity swimsuits, and I tried on my swimsuit, thinking that maybe it would just stretch over my huge tummy, but it really didn't fit well, so I am sewing some swimsuits, because it is sooooo much cheaper than buying them.




So I took a pattern and and added a seam line in the front and added some extra room for my tummy, and then just gathered it at the bust line. This is the first time I have made a swimsuit for myself from a pattern, with a built in bra and everything, and I am really pleased with the outcome. I am hoping to make two more swimsuits and a pair of pregnancy board shorts to wear there also, so I have a lot of sewing to do.


This is the pattern I used Kwik 3416 and I did view A, I did straps from the sides instead of the center, and I sewed them in so I don't have to bother with tying straps.

No comments: