01 January 2009

A Year in Review

So I just wanted to write a little note after posting SO many projects yesterday. I just wanted to try to get everything updated before the end of the year.

I started this blog about a year ago because I was feeling a little unfulfilled being at home full time. I felt like I wasn't doing anything with my life. Don't get me wrong, I totally think raising my kids is really important, doing the laundry, dishes, making meals, but I didn't feel like I was doing stuff for myself or making progress just for myself. I had the idea to keep a blog to keep track of all the sewing projects I did. I have really enjoyed keeping track of everything I sewed, and so I can look back at this year and not think "all I did is scrub the carpet hundreds of times when Prairie had accidents", but I can see the talent that I am developing.

Anyway I don't know how many people that actually read this blog, and that doesn't really bother me if hardly anyone does. I do like sharing what I do with the free time that I have. I really love sewing, I love creating. I really loved the section about creation in Deitor F. Utchdorf's talk in September 2008 and especially this quote "Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things." I felt some deep satisfaction this past year sewing projects and seeing what I am able to create with a little fabric, some patterns, imagination and work. I really love being a mom, but I know that my sewing machine and the creations that happen because of it help me stay sane, and enjoy all the time with my children even more.

Anyway for those of you that read, look forward to another year of seeing the projects that I am making. The first thing on my list of things to do is to get ready for a family vacation in Puerto Rico on January 9th, and after that I will be in high gear to get everything ready for our little baby boy to arrive in March, so lots of boy baby clothes, so cute and so fun to make.

No comments: