11 March 2009

Brown Onesie

My 38th completed sewing project for 2009!




I know this onesie kind of looks funky, but I made it to wear under a pair of overalls kind of outfit, so you won't see that I had to piece it.  I didn't want to have to buy anything to make this project, which I didn't, so I just used scraps from home, but there wasn't enough of the dark brown to do the whole thing, and I thought a onesie is a lot nicer than just a t-shirt, because the t-shirt would get all scrunchy under the overalls.

Autumn and I went to DI (the local thrift store) together shortly after we found out we were having a boy, so we found the green outfit pictured below, at the store for $1 and thought it looked like a good outfit for a boy born in late winter/ early spring.  Anyway I didn't have a coordinating onesie to wear under it, or really any long sleeve onesies for that matter, so I made one from fabric I had at home, my grandma would be proud.





See this onesie doesn't look quite so dorky when it is with the outfit, and you can't see that it is two-toned.



2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I LOVE it! I am sure that Grandma is watching and smiling all the while! See you in a few!!!!!

Tara said...

I didn't know you had a sewing blog. It's great that you didn't buy anything. I'm sure Autumn was happy. And I like the two tone. I think he could wear it even without the overalls so good job!!