24 March 2009

Little Mermaid Dress-up costume

My 42nd completed sewing project for 2009!


Since I thought my baby was going to come early, so we got all of our projects done around the house early, now that my baby is coming late, I have had some time, so I decided to finish my sewing projects for Prairie's birthday, so I won't have that hanging over my head after our baby is born.

Prairie loves Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and she also loves all the dress ups that her older sister has.  Sometimes Autumn isn't very good about sharing, so I thought it was about time that Prairie has some of her very own dress ups.  I liked this pattern because it isn't actually a tail, but it gives that suggestion.  The only thing I regret is that I have been planning to make this for her for a while, and I saw the perfect fabric at Joann's during Halloween season.  It was green shimmery fabric that had scales on it, perfect for a mermaid tail, but they don't carry it this time of year, so I had to make due with what I could find.



I think Prairie will love it, and I am happy to say that I have her birthday presents all done, yay!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Em, I am seriously amazed at your sewing abilities and how you use it to make other people happy. You're awesome! Be sure to get Prairie's reaction on camera!!

Mary Anne said...

That is so cute! She is going to be thrilled! I wished I lived closer so I could see her open it.