25 March 2009

Matching Monkey T-shirts

My 43rd, 44th and 45th completed sewing projects for 2009!




I was going to Joann's the other day and Autumn asked me to get her some fabric that was blue to make her something out of it.  I asked her why, and she said that she wanted to have something to match with her baby brother like her and Prairie had matching clothes after she was born.
May 2006 - Autumn and Prairie's mathcing home from the hospital outfits



I explained to Autumn that this time I made the kids matching outfits for their first Sunday after their baby brother was born.  Autumn didn't think that was good enough, and she wanted to have another matching outfit with her baby brother.  

Since I am a sucker for matching outfits, I looked at Joann's and found a knit that I liked, that I thought would make the kids cute t-shirts, so I preshunk it, cut it out, and was able to sew all the shirts today.

I would like to make some little t-shirts for Autumn and Prairie's dolls, but my doll clothes patterns have mysteriously disappeared, so I don't know if that will happen.  But I think Autumn will be thrilled to have a matching t-shirt with her brother.


a close up of the onesie for the baby boy


a close up of the monkey fabric


all 3 t-shirts all folded up and ready to be given to the kids when the baby brother is born

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

You amaze me. Looking forward to see those three cute kids model these t-shirts.