19 March 2009

Plaid Bow Tie

My 40th completed sewing project for 2009!

When I completed the circle skirts for the girls and the little vest for our baby boy, Ben really really wanted to have a coordinating bow tie.  I told him I really didn't have fabric left and it was just scraps.  Well I saw what I could do, and pieced it in a number of places, but I was able to scrap together enough to make Ben a bow tie.  

Ben is really excited and it will look nice with his Black pin stripe suit.  Also I really really need to finish the bow tie for out little boy to go with his vest.  He is going to have a little red bow tie, it is cut out, I just need to actually sew it.

I think for plaid it looks best to do it on the bias, but in retrospect I wish I would have done a heavier interfacing, or a sew in interfacing, because I am worried that it is going to stretch out, and I didn't sew it to be an adjustable bow tie, it is sewn to fit Ben's neck perfectly.  Oh well.  I might have to add an adjuster, or at some point take it in in the neck if it gets too stretched out.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

They are ALL going to look GREAT!!!!!